Perry Outreach Program Application (High School Students)
Application Review & Selection Process
- Applicants must gender-identify as female.
- Preference will be given to senior-level students who cannot reapply for the program. Underclassmen who are not accepted are encouraged to reapply for the program in the same location the following year. Students who have already participated in a Perry Outreach Program will not be admitted so as to give as many students an experience as possible.
- Some programs are high school students only; others are high school and underclassmen college engineering students (freshmen & sophomores). Please check the details for individual programs to see if they’re open for your education level.
- The Perry Initiative will review all applications, and students will be admitted based on the quality of their essays. It is STRONGLY suggested that you proofread your essays for proper capitalization and spelling and grammatical errors. See here for suggestions on writing your essays.
- Online applications usually close 30 days before program date at 5pm EST/EDT. Please note application deadline on each program detail page.
- All applicants will be notified of acceptance within 15 days of program date. Please make sure your contact information is correct in your application and check your Spam Folder 3-4 days after your application deadline. If you are accepted but do not respond to our communications, you will forfeit your place and the next student on the wait list will be accepted instead.
- This Waiver form is provided for you and your guardians to read in advance of the program. If you are accepted and choose to attend, you must bring a signed copy of this waiver with you to the program. Please note that you will not be allowed to participate in the program if you do not bring a signed waiver with you.
- Please visit our FAQs site for more answers to frequently asked questions including “What are the essay questions?”